[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
A few months back our IOP program teens shared their awesome and easy ice cream recipe! The blog was so popular among our social media profiles our teens decided to create a fun how-to video. By the same token, explaining how easy and quick it is to make delicious ice cream at home! While in treatment we emphasize to our teens the importance of not only living a drug free life. We also advocate for healthier living and often take the time to teach our teens how to prepare such meals. During our Inspirations Nutrition course, our teens are taught delicious and healthy meals they can prepare at home. From bagel pizza to smoothies our teens often create their own unique recipes to share.
Check out the teen IOP program how-to video here:
What you will need:
1 cup cream
6 tsp vanilla essence
2 trays of ice cubes
6 tbsp rock salt
1 medium Ziploc bag
1 large Ziploc bag
Tea towel or oven mitts
Tip: If you are lactose intolerant like Alexis (above) or have an alternate lifestyle you can substitute cream with other choices such as coconut or almond milk.
- Pour the cream, sugar, and vanilla into the medium sized Ziploc bag and combine the ingredients. Be sure to zip up the bag securely first.
- Put the ice into the larger Ziploc bag
- Spoon salt over the top of the ice in the larger Ziploc bag
- Place medium bag containing cream mixture into the large Ziploc bag with ice
- Zip shut and shake for 10-15 minutes or until mixture becomes the same consistency as ice cream
- Once ready remove back of cream and wipe or wash way salt on the outside of the bag
- You now have homemade ice cream! Either eat it straight from the bag or cut one end and squeeze into bowl or cone.
Tip: Use your mitts or oven mitts to hold the bags as you shake, it gets cold![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]