Teen Drugs and Alcohol Statistics
With the growing population comes an increasing amount of harmful substances that can fall into the hands of teens. To spread awareness of drug trends, the harm substance addiction and teen mental health issues we have compiled statistics and data from credible sources into shareable information. The teen drugs & alcohol statistics can be shared across all social media platforms to spread the truth about teen addiction, substance abuse and how we can help stop the cycle.
- 5.2% of high school seniors abused sprice in 2015.
- Adderall abuse has increased among high school seniors from 5.4% in 2009 to 7.5% this year.
- In 2013, more high school seniors regularly used marijuana than cigarettes as 22.7% smoked pot in the last month.
- 60% of teens who abuse prescription drugs get them free from friends and relatives.
- Teens who consistently learn about the risks of drugs from their parents are up to 50% less likely to use drugs than those who don’t.