When your teen is entering Inspirations For Youth And Families, there are some personal items that we recommend that they bring. Please read our helpful packing guide to help prepare your teen for their stay at Inspirations.
What To Pack
- 8+ days of clothing – Clothing should be comfortable and not revealing
- Pajamas and Slippers
- Razors – Patients may only have Electric Razors
- Bathing suit, sandals, & sunglasses – Teens will be going to the beach.
- Loose fitting active wear & sneakers
- Sweater – Most indoor locations are heavily air conditioned.
- Toiletries – Make sure to bring two toothbrushes, toothpaste, face wash, shampoo, body wash, towels, and any other toiletries that your teen likes. This will help make your teen feel more at home and comfortable in treatment.
- Books and Mementos – Family Photos, Letters
- Music Player – Teens are allowed a MP3 Player. The MP3 player cannot be able to connect to the internet, make calls, play games, take pictures, or record.
- Makeup – Makeup is allowed but must be earned as an addition privilege.
- Health Information and Medications – Bring your health insurance card or a copy (both front and back), and a copy of any health-related information you need, so that the medical and financial details of your treatment can be taken care of in a streamlined manner. Also, bring along any prescribed medications. Your addiction treatment team will perform diagnostic testing and assessment upon arrival. Your medical staff will then help guide you in your prescription needs as you approach recovery.
What Not To Pack
Cell Phones, PDAs, Music Players, Video Games or any items of value as Inspirations cannot be held liable for them. These items are not allowed in our premises. Also, no outside food is permitted to be brought into the Inspirations premises at any time. Parents please do not bring your teen any food as it cannot be accepted and brought onto premises. Thank you in advance for your understanding.